The information we collect
When you enter into a contract with Arega Pharma Belgium BV/SARL (‘Arega’), apply for information on a website of Arega or otherwise submit a request for information to Arega, we may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Your profession, your medical specialism, your expertise, your professional interests and the organization you are associated with;
- Your gender;
- Your professional contact details, such as your e-mail address, postal address and contact telephone number;
- Information related to our contracts with you, such as type of contract, duration, and any applicable direct or indirect transfers of value made to you by Arega . This could be in connection with fee for service / consultancy and related expenses agreed in the relevant contract, and/or registration fees, travel and accommodation costs in connection with events organized by Arega or by a third party;
- Your participation in our trainings, symposia, congresses, seminars;
- Our communication with you. When we send you a newsletter or information by e-mail, we may receive an automatic notification when you open the newsletter or click on a link in such newsletter. When you call us, our customer support will register your questions or complaints in our database.
How we use and share your information
Your data may be processed for the purposes of managing our relationships and communication with you, notably for the following purposes:
- Carrying-out and follow-up training, information and communication actions for example to invite you to symposia, congress, seminars, debates and carry out market research, scientific cooperation or research;
- Management of contracts we have with you, and in some cases management of payroll;
- Organizing and planning medical, pharmaceutical and promotional visits and meetings and additional marketing activities and managing complaints about quality of visits;
- Analysis if your skill is adequate for the mission before signing a service agreement (consultant, speaker, investigator, expert);
- Managing information received concerning adverse effects;
- Managing orders, questions and complaints regarding products (for pharmacists only);
- Managing and responding to requests concerning medical information;
- Providing information regarding new Arega products and tailoring our communication to you based on your expertise and professional interests. To understand what is relevant to you, we may use automatic tools to collect, combine and analyze the personal information described above. For example, if our analysis shows that you may be interested in certain types of product information, we may customize our newsletter with offers and content that we believe will be relevant to you. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in each communication or by contacting us at the e-mail address below.
- Performing statistics. We use automatic tools to perform statistical research into general trends regarding the use of our services and the characteristics and professional interests of our health care professionals and prospects. To perform our research, we may merge and analyze the different types of data as described above. We will only use aggregated data and do not use name, e-mail address or other directly identifying information. We may also combine such aggregated data with information we receive from our group companies.
- Complying with all legal obligations including disclosure obligations, including disclosure obligations or anti-gift obligations (e.g. under the EFPIA Disclosure Code).
We process your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds: to perform our contract with you, to comply with legal obligations we are subject to, on the basis of your consent or our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party as described in this policy.
Your personal data might be shared with:
- authorized staff of Arega with a need to know;
- authorized service providers and processors which assist us in the management of our activities (for instance for sending our newsletters);
- relevant authorities.
How long we store information and your rights
Arega is responsible for the collection and use of your personal data described in this information notice. You can contact us at Aregaprivacy@arega.com.
In accordance with applicable data protection law, your data is retained for the duration of your contract or if there is no contract for 5 years, then will be archived.
According to the applicable data protection legislation, you have a right to access (your) data, to correct, to delete personal data concerning you, to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation, and to set down instructions for the management of your personal data post mortem and to obtain the restriction of processing. You have also the right to data portability. You are also entitled to ask Arega to provide further information regarding our legitimate interest balancing tests.
These rights can be exercised by sending an e-mail at the following address Aregaprivacy@arega.com.
You may also object, free of charge, to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes by contacting Arega at the above address or by using the unsubscribe link provided in each communication.
You have also the right to lodge a complaint with a national data protection authority, being the Data Protection Authority (DPA) in Belgium.
Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact details:
Where information is transferred to a service provider or processor located in a country outside the European Union, these are protected through a valid basis, such as a program, which the European Commission has deemed to provide adequate protection or the use of signed Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses. If you wish to receive a copy of these clauses, please contact Teva at the following e-mail address: Aregaprivacy@arega.com.
1 EFPIA Disclosure Code: European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations Code on disclosure of Transfers of Value from pharmaceutical companies to healthcare professionals and healthcare organisations.